Vacancies at Millside
For all vacancies across the Trust, including at Millside, see here.
Employee Wellbeing Offer
As a Spencer Academies Trust academy, Millside Spencer adopts national guidance on standards for teaching and education support professionals.
The Spencer Academies Trust aims to be an employer of choice within the East Midlands. We recognise that meeting our recruitment and retention targets depends on creating a leading support offer, which promotes the value we place on employee wellbeing, support for mental health and managed workloads and allows colleagues to access opportunities including enhanced CPD, wellbeing support and an Employee Assistance Programme (Health Assured).
The staff wellbeing package is open to all colleagues and includes:
- Sector competitive pay and annual cost of living uplifts
- Defined benefit pensions and life assurance
- Automatic pay progression for colleagues in non-managerial posts, performance related pay and recognition of additional responsibilities for managers and senior leaders
- Salary Sacrifice Schemes: childcare vouchers, cycle to work, Tec scheme
- Free on-site parking and cycle storage. Parking levy is paid on behalf of employees where appropriate
- Access to EAP Health Assured, mental health services and other wellbeing support
- Free flu jabs and seasonal health support
- CPD and collaborative working across SAT academies
- A range of family friendly benefits and pay
At Spencer Academies Trust we encourage all employees to undertake training and development, and where appropriate, to explore new challenges within the group. Professional development is central to the annual professional performance review framework. Our CPD, networking and training opportunities allows colleagues to work collaboratively across our family of schools. We offer training opportunities to new and existing employees to undertake an apprenticeship programme provided by Spencer Apprenticeships.
Spencer Academies Trust offers flexible opportunities including time off to spend with your family and friends and pursuing hobbies. We provide flexible opportunities for part time; job share and term time only roles across the Trust and flexible working patterns and adjustment to core working practices may be granted to eligible colleagues by agreement.
For further information on employee wellbeing and support offer, please see the Employee handbook, Wellbeing Policy and Employee Benefits and Wellbeing. http://satrust.com/policies/
Members of the Local Governing Body
Outstanding governance is central to the success of Spencer academies, helping to set the direction of our schools and providing the supportive challenge needed to provide an outstanding quality of education.
The local governing body (LGB) at Millside Spencer Academy is made up of representative members of the school community including parent and community governors. Chosen for a mixture of skills and competencies, LGB members play an important role which includes supporting the Board of Directors with their broader responsibility for governance across the Spencer Academies Trust.
Together, we deliver on the Spencer Academies Trust mission: to provide an outstanding quality of education and improve the life chances of children across the East Midlands.